Friday 4 October 2019

Unconsciousness: A Wise Choice?


Recently, I was reading that most of our consciousness is under the surface of our conscious being. As in, our lives are mostly ran unconsciously, and consciousness has very little to do with it all except to be an irritant at time to the smooth running of those unconscious processes such as heartbeat, breathing and the like. Also, habits are more unconscious than anything. In fact, I can honestly say that consciousness is a small factor and unconscious habit is the largest factor there is in changing situations in life or keeping them going as they are.
Some of the greatest feats of genius in fact stem and are rooted from the unconscious levels upward. Sure, we seem to come up with the ideas consciously and work downward from that level, but the paradoxical is real: Ideas work from the conscious out, no more, not any less either.
Thomas Edison said that "ideas come from space", he's only half right. I will fill in the blanks with this one: Ideas come from space, and they are reverse engineered from there in reality. The fantasy is that the ideas are original to consciousness.
Without mincing words, in a way, I agree with Julian Jaynes's theory of consciousness that it originates from a certain way of using the brain, and is not organic, but, the deeper parts of consciousness are subconscious or unconscious energies that are deeper than that use of the brain that we call consciousness and they are organic, deeply organic right down to being the ultimate force of nature. I'll even say that those unconscious parts are the God levels of consciousness that really control everything, and that consciousness is the genuine tip of the iceberg in it all, although it may seem to some to be the other way around about that.
So, I will answer to an extent, the rhetorical question I posed in the title. Total unconsciousness of habit is not a wise choice, and consciousness does fill in the gaps left by that unconsciousness. But to be useful, the consciousness must harmonize with the unconscious levels to really work for us in beneficial ways. After all, going against nature, and thinking that consciousness is independent from nature could be the most destructive way to live. After all, what do you think I understood my Dad to really mean by his pet saying: "Scientist, if you can take the place of God, create me some dirt from 'pure scratch'."
My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10149720
https://ezinearticles.com/?Unconsciousness:-A-Wise-Choice?&id=10149720

No comments:

Post a Comment